5 Safety Tips for Motorcycle Riders
Motorbikes are one of the widely used modes of transportation. Aside from it is less bulky and expensive, some people prefer it because it is easy to use and convenient especially in traffic and congested areas. So, instead of buying a car, they opt for a motorbike instead.
Motor bikes, though very easy to maneuver, are still very risky. Most accidents nowadays involve motorbikes, with the increasing number of reckless and irresponsible drivers. With that, let us start being responsible drivers by following these safety tips for motorbikes:
- Inspect your motorbike. Before heading out to drive a few miles, be sure to have a total check-up on your motorbike, especially the brakes. You don’t want to end up in a motorbike repair shop instead of your destination.
- Wear necessary gear. Motorbike riders should know the proper gears in using a motorbike. Always wear a helmet and appropriate clothing such as leather top, non-skid boots and gloves. These may lessen the chance of having injuries in cases of accidents.
- Follow the rules. Rules are implemented to ensure a smooth journey of motorists. Be sure to take note of those, especially in the area you will be heading. Included in these rules are also being fit to drive and sober.
- Check the weather forecast. Before planning on going somewhere, be sure to check the weather forecast beforehand. Since you are in a motorbike, it is not advisable to drive under the rain, especially if the area becomes zero visibility. Always watch out for warnings and precautions before you make a move.
- Brief your companion. If you are travelling with someone, be sure your motorbike is designed to carry an extra person. You should also advise him/her to wear necessary gear such as a helmet. And last but not the least, be sure to avoid distractions from him/her and focus on the road. This will both lead you to your destination safe and sound.